Thanks! I'll be in touch as soon as possible.

There was an error, please try again.

Ritz Carlton Wedding Photos With The Becker

Thank you [B]ecker for the opportunity to 2nd shoot and expand my artistic horizons at the Ritz on Saturday. I love to see other pros like [b] doing their thing, it’s magic how he works his subjects and keeps them relaxed in front of the camera. If you’re a photographer with even the slightest taste for going into business, you need to get into The [b] School. Honestly, it is the only professional community I recommend, period. I contribute there regularly too, and it’s the first place I turn to when looking for 2nd shooters and assistants…

Also had a great time with Melissa Brandman; thanks for letting me try out your new 50 AFS!

Crazy fog rolled in RIGHT before the ceremony, in the middle of an otherwise gorgeous warm afternoon. So weird, but the bizarre light afforded some killer images! Cool diffused light = flippin’ sweet B&W images.

For photographers: All images shot on my D300, in-camera JPG and almost straight-out-of-camera (SOOC) since that’s how Becker rolls. Lenses used: Nikon 17-35 2.8, Sigma 50-150 2.8, Nikon 50 1.4 AFS, Nikon 300mm 2.8 AFS, (Becker’s massive tele; he used to shoot Nikon) …And last but not least, my two favorite manual focus lenses the Nikon 24 2.8 AIS and Tamron 90mm 2.5 Macro. Used a tripod a lot of the time. The reception lighting rimlight was a remote SB800 commanded by my pop-up flash. Yes, I used a pop-up flash in front of Becker. That’s how I roll. :-P

=Matt=

wedding invitation, ritz carlton

groomsmen, ritz carlton

wedding portraits, ritz carlton

bridal portraits, ritz carlton
(Props to [b] for finding this amazing LIGHT and relaxing the bride for this candid pose!)

wedding portraits, ritz carlton

fog, ritz carlton

wedding gown, ritz carlton

wedding ceremony, ritz carlton

wedding ceremony, ritz carlton

wedding portraits, ritz carlton

beach wedding portraits, ritz carlton

ritz carlton wedding reception

ritz carlton reception wedding cake

ritz carlton wedding reception

ritz carlton wedding first dance

ritz carlton reception details

ritz carlton bride

ritz carlton wedding reception dancing

www.matthewsaville.com

by Matthew Saville

Show Hide 24 comments

Link Email

March 22, 2010 - 11:01 PM Hanssie Trainor - LOVE it all! And so totally your style.

March 22, 2010 - 11:58 PM Suzanne Thompson - Gorgeous photographs Matt! Beautiful wedding too.

March 23, 2010 - 1:25 PM [ b ] - Matt... Thank you so much for lending me your talents for the day! You have a gift my friend! Thanks for all that you do in [ b ] School too!

March 23, 2010 - 2:08 PM Hannah - Oh, I love these shots Matt!! Especially the one of the bride and groom's shadows (fifth one down) - YES please. :)

March 23, 2010 - 3:52 PM Larry Reeves - seriously, matt! these are awesome. great job! glad you finally got to shoot with [b]. sounds like he enjoyed having you!

March 23, 2010 - 3:53 PM Larry Reeves - oh, and #5 disgusts me, it's so SICK!!!

March 23, 2010 - 4:10 PM Andi Grant - awesome images!! I love it all!

March 23, 2010 - 4:31 PM Ginny Corbett - Matt...beautiful!

March 23, 2010 - 4:48 PM Robert - These are awesome! and... yes, commander mode rox!

March 23, 2010 - 5:39 PM tyas - definitely awesomeness!i couldn't even pick my favorite one since it seems that i love them all! how i wish to have just a little bit of your talent :p

March 23, 2010 - 5:45 PM Jennifer Otchy - Matt, these are beautiful. I LOVE her dress! How amazing!!!

March 23, 2010 - 6:15 PM Lori Anderson - Beautiful photos, Matt! I especially love the candid shot of the bride in front of the fountain. Gorgeous!

March 23, 2010 - 7:38 PM Eric Farewell - Ahahaha I love it man!! :D You know I think Becker rocks; but you truly captured this in your own way... Well done my brother. You have to check out my latest blog post btw... Airshow pwnage. (Click my name)

March 24, 2010 - 1:37 PM Isabella Li - Beautiful! Love the first image of the envelope too.

March 24, 2010 - 9:23 PM Nicole Glenn - Gaaah! So beautiful Matt! I adore the black and white images on the foggy beach. Feels so peaceful. :) Great work!

March 26, 2010 - 3:13 AM Sachin Khona - The B&W shots on the beach are stunning.. and I love the emotion in the last shot... Bravo Sir!

March 27, 2010 - 5:47 AM Macy - Fantastic job Matt! What a fun opportunity! Her dress must have been so fun to photograph. So beautiful.

March 28, 2010 - 4:34 PM Anna - love the candid shot.. and the dress detail/texture shots.. and the BW beach shots.. what an interesting dress.. well done as always.

March 30, 2010 - 2:53 AM Jesse - beautiful pictures matt

April 1, 2010 - 9:38 PM Naomi - A fortuitous stroke of luck to have had you and Melissa join Becker in photographing a milestone in our lives! A picture is worth a thousand words, and in this case, a thousand thank yous. Your photos are amazing beyond description and we can't thank you enough. Thank you for capturing our wedding day.

April 1, 2010 - 9:44 PM Naomi - Oh! Photo #4 (the fountain photo) is my mother's favorite. She says the smile in the photo is the same smile I've had since I was a baby. She says it makes her smile every time she sees it. It's currently her desktop background. There are lots of smiles. :).

April 5, 2010 - 11:16 AM sandy - just stunning!

April 9, 2010 - 1:06 PM Mary Hurlbut - I'M JUST SO PROUD (says the mom in me) You're artistic viewpoint has exploded....I love everyone of these images. Bravo!

April 21, 2010 - 7:05 AM Daniel Acevedo - I really like the low-light photos and the black and whites on the beach. Your pictures inspire my artistic and technical sides. Thanks for sharing them.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *